Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Five!

I'm far too late posting about Kenley's birthday. She and Hewitt shared a party at the park with friends, cousins and grandparents. Kenley wanted "all mine friends" to be there, which meant all her cousins. I have to say that I'm so thankful that if Kenley can't have a sister that at least she has fun female cousins with feminine influence. Don't they look like trouble fun?

All her birthday wishes (and more) were granted as she opened several gifts. She was sufficiently spoiled and very appreciative as I helped her write out thank you notes for all who attended. (Although I was just as late delivering said notes as posting about her birthday. Meh.)

We also had a birthday dinner for her at our house on her birthday.

Kenley loves chocolate and requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

She has adopted a widow in our ward and insisted that she be there for her birthday. She calls her Grandma and prays for her every night. And if the rest of us forget her in our prayers we are abruptly reminded and chastened.
We were unable to find any birthday candles after the birthday party so Jeremiah lit matches. He's handy in pinch, that one.

Kenley has been such a blessing in our lives. I look at her beautiful little face and sometimes I just can't believe she's my daughter. She's so precious and fun and we couldn't imagine life without her.
Love you Kenley!



No comments: