Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Ask the Expert

We FINALLY had some nice weather that lasted more than five minutes today. Although I had a lengthy to-do list of indoor chores I decided that I'd better take advantage of the weather and clean out the flower beds. I forced encouraged the kids to play outside as well and enticed them to join me by exposing a swarm of ants. This tactic proved useful as both Kenley and Jack knelt on the ground close to the curbing to watch the marching specks.

"Are they looking for Cheetos?" Jack wondered aloud.

Knowingly, Kenley answered, "No, Jack. They're looking for all kinds of food. Ya know, like pastaaaa, spaghehhhtti, all sorts of stuff."

"Well, Cheetos are food. So are they looking for those?" Jack queried.

In an exaggerated sigh of irritation and much rolling of the eyes Kenley concurred, "Yeah, even Cheetos."

No comments: