Monday, November 20, 2006

Tryptophan Trip

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. For anyone who knows me, you know I like love to eat. All of it. And lots of it. My parents usually serve Thanksgiving dinner around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon. That gives us all time to eat, digest, and repeat. I love it.

So in anticipation of all the turkey leftovers, here is a recipe that is completely delicious!

Turkey Roll-ups
4 C cubed turkey

3 oz cream cheese, softened
chopped onion and celery to taste
2/3 C mushrooms
½ C slivered almonds
3-4 cans crescent rolls
4 Tbs margarine, melted
seasoned bread crumbs, or crushed croutons
1/3 C chicken broth
1 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup


Combine turkey, cream cheese, onion, celery, mushrooms and almonds. Unroll and separate crescent rolls. Place 2 Tbs turkey mixture at wide end of roll. Bring the two wide points together, pinch and roll toward narrow end. Roll crescent rolls in butter then in crumbs. Bake as directed on roll package. Make gravy out of broth and chicken soup, serve over roll-ups.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Sure you can add a link to my blog :) That's funny...cause I keep bugging Tanner about Christmas decorations and he keeps saying "NOT until after thanksgiving!" so I said, "well then the day after, we're taking everything out of the attic and start with the decorating" :p

Gina said...

I am with you... all the way! Love to eat and twice in one afternoon/evening is the best!

Looking forward to trying this recipe!