Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's a Fortune Cookie, Not a Fairy-Godmother

I finally made good on an offer to take my parents out for dinner as a thank-you for letting us stay with them while our furnace was repaired and as a late birthday dinner for my mom. We decided to hit the Mongolian Grill and get our fresh on.

At the end of the meal we all received our fortune cookies. Isaac loved reading everyone's fortunes and was most excited to read Kenley's, "You will soon gain something you have always wanted." Kenley's eyes lit up as well and we all commented on her good fortune.

Before we had even boxed up our leftovers Kenley was over whispering in my ear about how she's "always wanted Mariocart and remember that toy we saw with the princesses on it? And it had a tea pot and some plates?" I couldn't figure out why she was telling me all this until my mom laughingly reminded me of Kenley's fortune.

Isaac's fortune said he would live comfortably, abounding in material wealth. Maybe I could ask for an advance loan to help Kenley's fortune along.

No comments: