Sunday, September 10, 2006

We're Up to Four

Recently, Kenley added two more words to her vocabulary:

"Bir" with accompanying sign for bird. She gets lots of practice with this one when we visit Gammie's house where she has a canary.

"Dah-Dog" with accompanying sign for puppy. I always say "doggy" when I show her this sign and yesterday she surprised me by signing 'puppy' after hearing a dog bark.

I'm amazed at how well she signs. The sign for bird requires a fist with only the thumb and pointer finger opening and closing to each other. Isaac used his whole hand, but Kenley is able to sign it properly. Even with all these new vocal skills, she still refuses to say "mama" and "dada" but I guess we're not as exciting as fowls and K-9s.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE signing with babies. It's amazing to me how much better they can communicate with their fingers.

Gina said...

That is so cool! I wish I could be consistant with the signing... that is so awesome!

I swear Liam said Duck yesterday... but yet he's come so close to mama and dada... COME ON!