Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hostess with the Mostess?

Tomorrow night I am hostessing my 2nd annual gift-wrapping open house. I pull out all of my wrapping paper, tape, scissors, curly ribbon, tissue paper, etc. and invite neighbors over to get some of their Christmas gift-wrapping done. I make lots of cookies and something in the crockpot, turn on the Christmas music and the Happy Hearth DVD (it makes my TV look like a fireplace.) Jeremiah is going to take the kids out and spend some time with them so I don't have to worry about their little, spying peepers.

I still can't decide if it's a good idea or not. It's not much trouble for me because I don't have to haul gifts in and out of the house in order to get them wrapped. Last year most of my guests just brought a few gifts to wrap, and I wasn't sure if they came just to be nice since I was new in the neighborhood. Either way, I'm looking forward to it and I hope the people who do make it over enjoy themselves!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love the idea. I wish again that we lived closer.

I hope you have a good turnout!

Anonymous said...

That sound fun, even if other don't bring stuff to wrap and just come to get out of the house! Good Luck, hope you have a good turn out!

Audrey said...

I see what you're doing...informing us that you'll have all sorts of goodies, but then throw in a little guilt trip... I must say, VERY effective. It seriously made me want to hurry on out to buy a bunch of presents (since i haven't purchased ONE thing yet!) and drive all the way up to Idaho, just to use your wrapping paper, ribbon, scissors and tape. AND...nibble on a scrumptous cookie. I should've done this with my pampered chef party I had a while back when only one friend showed up!

KC said...

I hope it was successful for you! I seriously missed seeing you guys on Saturday, but believe me, I understand. I didn't even want to go! See you soon.