Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To Be Like a Child

This morning after Kenley's bath I spent a little extra time doing her hair and making it look, in my opinion, super-cute. As she and I headed down the stairs I said, "You are so cute!"

"Yep," was her matter-of-fact response. And then I worried that maybe I don't make enough of an effort to let her know about true beauty, about being a daughter of God. About how being kind to others shows a different kind of beauty than what you can see in the mirror.

So I asked, "Do you know why you're so cute?" hoping that I could use this moment to teach her about those things.

Her simple, sweet answer? "Because Jesus loves me."

So thankful for her spirit I answer, "That is exactly right."

That is exactly right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great and so cute! She is pretty cute any way you look at it!