Thursday, January 11, 2007

Impeccable Timing

I have pretty healthy kids. They rarely ever get sick and we seem to escape most of the flus and viruses that get passed around. Yes we're pretty lucky. But tonight I am having a game night - to assuage my post-holiday let-down and pregnancy depression woes - which means that it's time for both of my kids to get sick. Kenley woke up Tuesday morning covered in vomit and didn't waste much time in bringing me to the same state.

Then Isaac took a nap yesterday - which should have roused my sick-child-suspicions in and of itself - and woke from it by spewing all over the couch, pillow, the floor and himself. I had been silently praising the blessing it was that he was napping because it allowed me to clean up the bathroom for my party tonight - the bathroom did not stay clean long. In fact, I think the instant I put the mop away was the same minute he woke up barfing.

Luckily, neither one of them was too affected by this bug. Kenley was done throwing-up after about 2 hours and it took Isaac about twice that long to stop. Kenley's appetite was pretty weak yesterday but it seems to have come back in full force today. And Isaac was able to eat some toast for breakfast and 1/2 a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch and keep it all down. He's been fine today, although he's taking a nap again. I don't think he slept all that well last night, he kept waking, asking for a drink.

So, since they both seem well enough now, I'm still going to have my party. I feel a little guilty sending them off so that I can party, even if it is to Nana's, but maybe tonight will be the last little bit of recovery we all need.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sorry I called in the middle of your party---I hope you had a great time! And I hope you and your kids feel better.