Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just One of Those Days

The one thing that really bothers me about pregnancy is my emotions. I like to think I'm pretty strong and can keep it together but during pregnancy I wear it all on my sleeve. And then there are the days where I am on the verge of tears for no apparent reason. It's really aggravating. Then people who mean well say nice things like, "Are you okay?" or "Can I do anything for you?"* and it's like a dam bursts. It's really embarrassing because truthfully I'm fine but the tears leave others unconvinced and I just feel stupid. Meanwhile people are probably thinking I'm either really ungrateful for what I do have or that I'm just plain crazy. Either way, I doubt I'm enjoyable company. That's just what's on my mind today.

*While I was typing I accidentally wrote, "Can I don anything for you?" That was funny to me - like someone would ask if it would help if they changed their clothes...

6 comments:

KC said...

Oh Gwen, I completely understand! Those dang uncontrollable emotions! Please don't think that I am one of THOSE people who think that of you! I know you are grateful and unselfish... it's just so hard sometimes!

Kari said...

LOL. If I ever see you while you're pregnant, I'm going to ask you if I can don anything for you, just in case you are feeling emotional. I'm positive it will help.

Katie said...

That Kiki is a funny gal! I'm not pregnant, but sometimes I'm sure it would improve my mood if the moms at the school drop-off would wear their jeans just a little bit higher so I didn't have to see their thongs and muffin tops. I wish we lived closer so I could take the kids for a day and you could rest or read or get a pedicure. (((hugs)))

Audrey said...

When I come up next, I'm inviting you and family over to have a good time and watch you cry. ;o) Good times, Huh? hee hee hee

Audrey said...

You know I'm kidding, Right?

And I still think we need to get together.

Alisha said...

I hate the irrational-ness of pregnancy. I'm surprised to hear you mention it though, you're a pro now!

Yes - I think if other people changed their clothes when I asked them to, it might make me feel better.