Thursday, May 11, 2006

Curtain the Muffet

Jeremiah and I are both fans of the Muppets. A few years ago I found a Kermit the Frog plush doll as a promotional sale item and I bought it for Jeremiah. It has graced the bookshelf in Isaac's room for a while now and Isaac lovingly refers to him as "Curtain."

This year for our anniversary I gave Jeremiah The Muppet Show: Season One on DVD - romantic, I know. Anyway here is the exchange I heard between Jeremiah and Isaac yesterday.

Isaac: Daddy, I want to watch The Muffet Show.

Jeremiah (trying to emphasize the correct pronunciation): The Muh-pet Show?

Isaac: Yeah, the Muffet Show.

Jeremiah: Say "Muh-pet."

Isaac: Muff-pet.

Jeremiah: Muh-pet.

Isaac: Muffet-pet.

So my little genius can do 100-piece puzzles right out of the box but is unble to say "Muppet."

1 comment:

Katie said...

Well, you can pretty much forget about Mensa calling now. Muff-pet. Ha!