Saturday, May 27, 2006

Where Have I Been?

That is a good question. Where have I been? What have I been doing? This last week is all a blur.

I think I may have gone into auto-pilot after last week's nocturnal grocery shopping outing. I have vague memories of laundry, mowing the lawn, doing dishes, laundry, cleaning the bathroom, chasing Isaac, laundry and numerous viewings of "Kest foh Canawatt" (Quest for Camelot.) A movie that we don't even own. It was loaned to us, unsolicited, by a guy that works with Jeremiah. I'm guessing that he secretly hates me and therefore finds hilarity in sending home movies that only appeal to 3-year olds who insist on watching their new favorite movie several times daily. Even if I don't allow more than a single viewing in one day, the requests alone are enough to drive anyone to insanity.

So where have I been? I suppose I have been sitting on my bed, amongst a pile of laundry, holding my legs to my chest, rocking slowly, singing every insipid song that I've been cursed enough to learn simply by allowing the movies whose soundtrack they belong to in my home.

Did I mention the laundry?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Poor Gwen! You totally need some fun plans for tomorrow. You could come camping with us tonight, but I think you know our luck with camping...

KC said...

You mean this song?

Here in the night
I see the sun
Here in the dark
Our two hearts are one
It's out of our hands
We can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise
Looking through your eyes


Don't worry, I've been singing it too......(in my head I am secretly cursing your son ;)

Gwen said...

If only that were the worst of them!