Friday, February 06, 2009

Wouldn't You Love To Get Inside Their Heads?

Yesterday was a weird day for me. I had hot flashes with alternating fits of chills all day. Not sure what that was all about, but I'm feeling better today.

Anyway, while I was staggering between internal climates, dinner-time inevitably presented itself, even though I tried to fight it off by laying helplessly on the couch. I had already decided to make Spam casserole (don't knock it 'til youve tried it) and needed some potatoes from the basement. I asked Kenley to go get some for me. She was more than happy to oblige, but returned from the basement with 3 quart jars of apple pie filling.

"Thank you, sweetheart, but those are apples, not potatoes."

She looks at me earnestly and says, "But when they're magic they'll be potatoes."

Sometimes it's really hard to argue with the logic of a 3-yr old.

2 comments:

KC said...

I can't even write I'm still laughing! Thanks for letting Kenley come down this weekend. She has been fun to have and it's given me an idea of what I'll be dealing with in 2 years. 2 girls? Oh my gosh! They have been having so much fun together! Er, I think they have... maybe Kenley will tell you a different story?

Alisha said...

Can Kenley use her magic to make dinner appear on my table every night? I would settle for home made apple pie just fine.