Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just Peachy

I left my kids in the front room, unattended - Bad Mom Award, I know - while I went to talk with Jeremiah in another room. Isaac came in to find us and asked Jeremiah to get him a drink. They both left the room and soon after Jeremiah calls, "Gwen, come look at your daughter." I wondered what exactly it was that she was doing that would cause Jeremiah to speak as though I were the only person involved in her conception. I came in to the front room to find her very enthusiastically enjoying a peach. Kenley has only two teeth - on the bottom front - yet she sat there holding a peach the size of a baseball to her mouth devouring its sweet flesh. I had left a gift basket which contained the peaches on the floor and Kenley, being magnetized to food, apparently wasted no time in finding it and helping herself to the goodies found therein. I had only been absent from the room for about 2 minutes, but that was long enough for Kenley to have zealously consumed over half the peach.

I have to give Jeremiah credit for snapping this priceless picture.

Isaac saw that there was another peach left in the basket and decided to join in too. What is gone off of his peach in the picture is all he ate. Evidently he is not threatened by the fact that his ten-month-old sister can "out-eat" him.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That picture is priceless! She is so funny.

Isaac has a figure to watch, you know. He's already worked off his baby fat and doesn't want to do that again.

Katie said...

And about the Bad Mom Award---parents who refuse to let their children earn their trust by making choices independently (in the other room alone, for instance) are guilty of a far worse crime than you.

Kari said...

I love that picture of her! She is too cute!