Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Growin' Up

Our family went for a walk around the river the other night. As we did so we also walked past the temple. Isaac said, "Look at the castle!" We told him it was the temple and some of the things we do there. He then insisted that he wanted to go to the temple. Jeremiah and I said that we hoped he really did want to go to the temple and that when he grew to be a big boy we would take him there.

We came home and put him to bed. He's potty trained, but we still put him in a diaper at night just in case. When he got up the next morning his diaper was dry! I was so excited and proclaimed my praise by saying, "Wow, Isaac! You had dry pants all night! You're such a big boy!"

His face lit up with excitement. I thought he was proud of his accomplishment until he uttered the reason for the glow, "Now I can go to the temple!"

I sure hope we're able to help him keep that goal and that excitement!

1 comment:

Gammie said...

What a sweet story! I hope you're printing these things up and putting them in a book somewhere. It'd be a shame to lose them! You really do forget the things you think you NEVER will! Love ya kiddo! You're a good little mommy!