Monday, August 28, 2006

Money Matters

Jeremiah has started to let Isaac have the spare change in his pockets when he gets home from work. Isaac loves to put the money in his piggy bank and almost has the whole thing full. We keep the piggy bank on the top of a bookshelf so that it doesn't get broken or played with.

The other night as Jeremiah was in Isaac's room, Isaac looked up and saw the piggy bank. He blurted, "I want some money." Then he turned to Jeremiah, looked at him for a minute and tried to sound real casual as he asked, "What's in your pockets?"

***** ***** *****
This afternoon Jeremiah came home from his teaching job long enough to change his clothes and head off for his car-washing job. Isaac asked him to sit and play the computer with him for "just five minutes." Jeremiah agreed and added that after that he had to go to work. Isaac was disappointed and said, "But you don't want to go to work."
"I have to go to work so that I can bring home money," Jeremiah informed him.
"Money? Oh...okay."

2 comments:

Katie said...

"Your love gives me such a thrill, but your love won't pay my bills! I want MONEY! That's what I want!"

Anonymous said...

First it's the change in your pocket and before long - it's the car keys...

Amber